Thursday, August 14, 2008

Brainstorming

"Reveal yourselves," he bellowed.
He said the words with such authority and power that my body shook from his voice. Slowly, and quite gruesomely, the various creatures slid from their forms into completely different things. Objects, actions, thoughts.
The room eventually became a nightmare, my nightmare, of everything I wished I had never done. It was everything I wished I never said or thought. The room was full of my ghosts, the ones I had made. The ones that have haunted me all my life and will continue to do so until the day I die.
I felt so ashamed, so embarrassed that he was seeing all of these things. I buried my face in my hands. I slowly found my way to the wall and slid down, rocking myself in a fetal position.
"Please, please make them go away," I begged.

No comments: